Saturday 24 May 2014

In a beautiful dark corner


Ever felt like resting in a space, where no one sees you, isolation your only companion, taking some time out of the hustle-bustle, your thoughts jumping from the edges of your brain, ears sucking out every bit of nectar from your playlist?

In crowded cities, the above paragraph would be like finding out a thread in the unending desert. But to your dismay, I found such a place!! It was a simple, ill mannered, roadside parking place, where dozens of cars lined up any which way possible. There was an abandoned cement seat behind the cars, waiting like a depressed alcoholic, looking for someone to share it's sorrow. 


As I said, the seat was abandoned, I was the only lost person to find someone else lost in the already lost crowd. I sat there, thinking not to think, but thoughts always disappoint you, and they didn't make any exception for me. I sat there thinking someone would look at me (it ain't desperation for attention, just finding similar people). There was no single living being, which turned its head towards this spot, this point in infinity, left to rot, and gobbled by darkness. Are all people really too lost in practicality or did I choose a really untouchable and boycotted spot? Whatever the answer may be, I enjoyed my outing with me. 

Even if anyone doesn't look at you, you can look at them. I saw a lot of people passing, in couples, triples, singles. Numerable Minds thinking of whatever they wanted to, out of compulsion, happiness, problems, hopes, stress, defeat, love, and etcetera as well. It felt great to watch people from a place, where no one sees you, in their most honest forms (I couldn't make out the fake ones, I am too optimistic).


Peace of mind is a myth, when you roam in herds, but for a traveler, even a cemetery can turn out heavenly. Going into isolation is similar to dying temporarily, increase the duration and you get to know yourself better. I am not preaching isolation as a way of life, but sometimes being introverted for sometime can help you think what you want to, instead of only the reactions to things happening around. The beautiful black corner was no all exclusive V.I.P. spot, nor did I pay for it. Go ahead, find such a spot and see how your mind talks to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment